Why become a Member?
ICWP is a membership organization devoted to supporting women playwrights in over 10 countries and is overseen by a Board of Trustees.
Membership dues vary according to members' means and ability to pay, with the option of deferred dues in exchange for service to the organization. Your support will help to provide more benefits and resources for Women Playwrights.
There are four basic levels of membership: Student, Service Member,
. Two are paying and allow you to vote in elections, and two are not.
Once you become a member, you can:
- Join the ICWP CONNECT discussion list where members support each other by sharing ideas, opinions, life experiences, expert advice and opportunities.
- Access member only areas of this website
- Join a script exchange / feedback group
- Make and/or update your public and member profile
- Create your own photo albums
- Promote your own website and upload a picture
- Get contact information for other members
- Send your hard copy scripts to be catalogued and archived for current research and for posterity at the Lawrence and Lee Theatre Research Institute, Ohio State University, USA
- Add information about your plays to an online public searchable script database where you can add details about your plays, musicals, radio plays, TV scripts and film scripts, with synopses, cast sizes, genre and a notes area to list production history and awards.
- Add details of productions or readings of your work, your awards and your publications to the ICWP website.
- Enjoy your achievements being promoted on ICWP Twitter & Facebook
- Discover weblinks to many internet resources for playwrights
- Receive notices of opportunities for writers
- Respond to occasional calls for scripts for ICWP publications.
- Access other Helpful Educational and Professional resources
You will see some additional levels in the membership directory: Sister/Mister Plus, Board Member,
These are reserved for individuals who have made substantial contributions to the organization. If you have any questions or comments about this, please contact membership @ womenplaywrights.org
We encourage you to participate in whatever way you can. Members and supporters of all levels can play a part in creating a successful ICWP.