When Work Is Your Play....
" Imagine having a group of like-minded individuals,
with a common, yet non-competitive, purpose."
Once you become a member, you can:
- Join the ICWP-L Listserv
- Access members-only areas of this website
- Participate in online forums
- Make and/or update your public and member profiles
- Promote your own website and upload a picture
- Create your own photo albums
- Get contact information about other members
- Send your hard copy scripts to be cataloged and archived for
current academic research and for posterity at the Lawrence and
Lee Theatre Research Institute, Ohio State University, USA
- Apply for Professional Development Grants when available
- Apply to host an International Centre for Women Playwrights readings
event for International Women's Day or SWANN Day
- Add information about your plays to an online public searchable script database, where you can add details about your plays, musicals, radio plays, TV scripts and film scripts, with synopses, cast sizes, genre and a notes area to list production history and awards
- Other Educational and Professional resources
You will see some additional levels in the membership directory: Board Member
. These are reserved for individuals who have made substantial contributions to the organization over several years.
level is for members who are able to further assist ICWP by paying higher rate membership dues.
If you have any questions or comments about this, please contact the Membership Director
One Member says...
I am an emerging playwright. I joined ICWP five years ago as I wrote my first play while nursing and raising my two young children. .... I was, and continue to be, a lone writer, with only my dramatic associations to guide me. Important things I have learned, among other things on this site, are: how women playwrights are still vastly underrepresented in theater, how others submit, how plays are produced, submission etiquette, the distinction b/w a guild and a union, what my rights are as a writer, and most importantly, that a group of people dedicated to one purpose is an invaluable resource to a woman writing alone.
- Stephanie Rae
We encourage you to participate in whatever way you can. Members and supporters of all levels can play a part in creating a successful International Centre of Women Playwrights.
Each member pays dues relative to their ability to pay, on an honor basis, with the option of deferred dues in exchange for service to the organization. Your support will help provide more benefits and resources for Women Playwrights.